What is the next-gen TV going to look like? That's a question that all leaders and manufacturers in the broadcast industry are discussing, proposing and testing in SBTVD Forum. We are certainly talking about more resolution (8K), more colors (HDR), immersive audio (MPEG-H) and efficient video codec enabling all of this business. After a successful H.264 and later H.265, both developed by Fraunhofer Institute, industry is looking for even more reduction of bandwidth while maintaining or even increasing the resolution.
Ateme with its pioneering support of the new H.266 (VVC - versatile video coding) in their software-based video compression engine TITAN Live is being a very vital part of the ongoing SBTVD's tests in Brasil.
Read more in the Ateme's press release.
Is TITAN Live not the live video compression solution you are searching for? Just consider its rich feature set:
- High Video Quality – High Density
- Pure CPU solution, state-of-the-art hardware support (Intel, AMD)
- Infrastructure agnostic (appliance to cloud)
- Mobile to UHD resolutions
- HEVC, SHVC, H.264, MPEG-2, JPEG 2000
- AAC LC/HE/HEv2, DD/DD+/DD+JOC, AC-4, MPEG-H, MPEG-1 LII
- HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, SL-HDR1/2, HDR10+, ST2094
- Low-Latency mode
- Channel branding and Ad insertion
- Optimized statistical multiplexing
- Advanced packaging (CMAF, ATSC3.0, DRM)
- Wide input support enabling full IP transition (SDI, TS, ST2022-6, ST2110)
- Flexible Redundancy Scheme 1+1, N+1, N+M